Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Summertime in the I.C.E

Send for the flower girl and fly out the doves because the perfect union has taken place down the ice cream aisle at your local supermarket! The two best things on ice have decided to spend their shelf life together in a bucket!

Do you Mint Chip take Cookies 'n Cream to be yours? Because I've called my friends while you play with your friends, and I'm ready to do this every weekend! Ben and Jerry's has kept this marriage for a while with their Mint Cookie pint, but if you're anything like me, you definitely want something more sizable and affordable. Enter Dreyers, who decided to mainstream this flavor into one of their many offerings in any grocery store. Mint Cookie Crunch. (Don't even get me started on how long it took me to find this specific Dreyers carton. They came, they left, they're back, whatever, just stay!) It's green, as any good mint ice cream should be--I don't care if it's artificial, something about the color validifies its taste. The cookies are soft and present in most bites you take (though it would be nice to get that surprise big cookie here and there to fully satiate your cookie tooth). It's also, sadly, lowfat, which you can taste on a particular night. Ok fine, it's not the best but it is present and not bad which is more than I can ever ask for. So Breyer's Mint Cookie Crunch is the mate I settled with (definitely over Ben & Jerry's Mint Cookie, personally. I hate whites). We aren't passionate nor have that magnetic spark, but it is consistent and stable. There is a big ocean with room for other fish right? Hopefully other ice cream brands will start spawning this best concoction.

One other notable mention while we're on the best ice cream combo ever is Trader Joe's Mini Mint Ice Cream Mouthfuls--Oreo 2.0 stuffed with mint ice cream in the middle. This is a hard find people, godspeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment