Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Awesome Blossom

Shrouded between a new high tower for sale and clouds of smoke, I saw bright yellow explosions of highlighter on people's T-Shirts. On one hot Saturday afternoon, I supported Southern CA's summer past time--this year's KBBQ festival.
Like anybody's first, it was a bit of mess without much direction or combative preparation. Social media struck again--enlisting an army of hungry eaters and participators from Yelp & Co. I'm not going to hold it against them. Shit happens. There were about 5 restaurants around 2-4ish. The one I was most excited about had the longest line, but it looked oh so worth it! Not because they had jap chae or kimchi or potato salad or any of the fun bon chon that comes with korean food. This booth only had rice but it was the sidekick to this AWESOME PIECE OF SHORT RIB. The meat was blossoming off the piece of bone. It was really beautiful. Nice caramel color. Charcoal marks to affirm its bbqness. Fat piece of bone to add more flavor. And a fat piece of meat, cut into squares and that's right, blossoming off the thick piece of bone. I wished I took a picture, but sadly Flip's BBQ ran out of meat after over an hour of waiting in line. To which, my sunburnt body retrieved back to the Korean indoors at nearby Chosun Galbee on Olympic. Why do you deny me Flip's, why?

No comments:

Post a Comment